Fast Shoulder Pain Relief Using the Feldenkrais Methodadmin
Chronic shoulder pain is a very common complaint. The shoulder is the most freely movable joint in our body. Because of the range of movement allowed, it is an unstable joint. It is easily injured because the ball of the upper arm barely fits in the shoulder socket designed to hold it. For its only stability, the shoulder is anchored by ligaments, tendons, and muscles. Some shoulder problems arise from injury of these soft tissues as a result of overuse or weakness of the shoulder. Other problems arise from degenerative processes in which tissues break down and no longer function well.
Some common causes of chronic shoulder pain include:
- Shoulder tendonitis occurs when the tendons that control the shoulder joint’s movement become inflamed. This is the result of overuse, misuse or injury of the shoulder muscles and is very common.
- Rotator cuff tear is a tear that occurs in a shoulder tendon as a result of overuse or injury.
- Frozen Shoulder may be prompted by tendonitis, a rotator cuff tear or another chronic pain process in the shoulder. It literally means a shoulder that cannot move.
- Arthritis shoulder joint pain caused by degeneration or inflammation inside the joint.
- An injury or fall on the shoulder can cause chronic shoulder muscle pain if the injured muscles never fully heal.
When addressing chronic shoulder pain treatment consider that the shoulder has to relate well to the rest of the body to prevent excessive strain and pain. For example the shoulder blade may no longer glide easily along the rib cage, thus straining the whole arm each time the shoulder moves.
Shoulder pain relief is the result of optimizing the function of the shoulder. The system should be addressed as a whole and therapy involve the whole body, restoring the working relationship of the shoulder with the rest of the body. Some gentle form of exercises are needed.Want to be rid of your shoulder pain now? The Feldenkrais Method is a systematic method to improve human movement and general functioning. Feldenkrais uses simple, gentle movements to reorganize posture, flexibility, strength and coordination and in doing so provides shoulder pain relief.
A new approach to pain management, Feldenkrais integrates mind and body, using the plasticity of the nervous system to help the body function more efficiently. More efficient use of self creates an environment within which chronic shoulder pain can heal. Discover what Feldenkrais can do for your shoulder pain.